Window Cling Sticker Application Instructions
How to apply a static cling window sticker
- Ensure that the surface you are applying your static cling window sticker to is perfectly clean.
- Using a household spray dispenser, generously spray the glass with a mixture of water and a few drops of washing up liquid.
- Peel your sticker from its backing paper and apply the unprinted, shiny side (the side that was in contact with the backing paper) onto the glass.
- Slide the sticker around until it is in the correct position.
- Squeegee out the excess water and air bubbles while holding the sticker in place and leave to dry.
- The window stickers can be cleaned using a weak solution of washing-up liquid and warm water. Do not use harsh cleaning products and avoid rubbing the printed areas.
- Retain the backing paper for storing the stickers on when not in use.
For our full colour, double-sided prints you should place the unprinted (shiny) side back in contact with the original backing paper. We then recommend placing a sheet of baking parchment (greaseproof paper) between each print, which will help prevent any print from sticking to itself whilst in storage. Ideally you should store them flat without too much weight on them but can be loosely rolled (providing the baking parchment covers all the printed area)
Recently we introduced our new, rather unique, LUVIT (Layered UV Ink Technology) double-sided window stickers. This is where a layer of white ink is sandwiched between two layers of colour. Unlike normal window stickers which are produced by most other companies (who don't bother with the extra layer of colour) our full colour window clings produce a much stronger colour in all lighting conditions, when viewed from the outside and now the inside too! Brilliant!
All of our off-the-shelf window stickers are reverse-printed onto easy to apply (and remove!) static cling material for application to the inside of your window, to be seen from outside. Of course, if you would like something a little more permanent then we can print to a range of sticky self-adhesive vinyls too!
Please remember that if your sticker has text on it, it will look back-to-front from the inside as it is reverse printed so it can be read from the outside.
(If you want stickers to be seen only from inside then just let us know and we can print them specially for you so that you can apply them to internal windows, glass display cabinets and mirrors)